Smelly bin

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I know they aren't required to be spotless, but...

I have plastic wheely bins. the waste one had a greasy goat curry (wrapped and bagged) which sadly leaked and pooled in the bottom of the bin. We have fortnightly collections. As far as i can work out, the fat melted, and the rotting meat, spices and fat seem to have impregnated the plastic. Although I have washed it out a few times with household detergent and hot water, and left it to air with the lid open, it has a pretty strong niff when you open the lid.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
I've not had Curried Goat in years, not since I moved from London.

When we get a niffy bin (even after cleaning) we put a little Jey's Fluid in the bin. We have also started to look into the new Wheelie Bin Cleaning Services that have started up, in most areas.

http://www.wewashwheelies.co.uk/

Salem.

i emptied some auto' wood planer shavings (pine) into our smelly bin, and it seemed to absorb the stench whilst giving off a pleasant pine resin smell.

I once cleaned my bin out with a pressure washer. It created a fine mist that went all over me and I stank like a corpse.

Sponsored Links
try neat zaflora. its what the clean up people used to use for stinky corpses that had melted into the floors etc when i was old bill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back