Smelly Dishwasher/washing machine waste - can I use AAV?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My washing machine and dishwasher are slightly remote from the kitchen sink. Waste trap for WM/DW consists of a standard sink waste with spigot (DW attached, WM goes in the top), with an intercepting trap beneath. 40mm pipe then follows the wall and under the sink where it joins the main sink waste.

This arrangement works but often smells. I'm putting a new kitchen in and was considering using a double spigot sink waste for DW and WM, with an AAV screwed into the top.

I believe I would have to get rid of the intercepting trap to use an AAV, that's no problem.

I'm not sure if I can use an AAV though, as if I do, the waste system has no open vent.

Can someone advise what I can and can't do? I'm not talking in terms of building regs, just in terms of an efficient and odour-free system.

Thanks
J

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back