smoke stain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have smoke stain accumulation on our rock fireplace. Is there anything that will remove the stains?

Sponsored Links
Use a wire brush (brass ones are softer, as in for suede shoes) and then "sugar soap". Worked for me

After having a new fire put in, the builders cleaned the entire fire place down for us with "Sugar Soap." This got it cleaner than it had been in years.

You can get it in most DIY stores in the UK - dunno about the US. It wouldn't be hard to miss though since it is a bright yellow liquid.

i've got a similar problem except the smoke stains are on ordinary red house bricks - ideas how to get rid of them? - i've tried sugar soap and plenty of elbow grease, tried it with wire brushes, scouring pads, cloths Etc - nothing seems to work :( (and no i can't afford to get it sand blasted - lol)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back