Smoothing uneven ceilings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a very uneven and cracked ceiling in my bathroom that I would like to be smooth - what do I need to do? The previous owners of my flat have attempted to cover it over with artex or textured paint and further coats of emulsion but it looks terrible. I want to avoid getting a plasterer involved and I've noticed several products on the market that claim to smooth over uneven walls/ceilings. Can these be used straight onto emulsion and how easy are they to use? cheers. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
What are the names of these wonder products....?

If you do find a way of doing this please let me know as I have never found any other way than to call a plasterer........ ;)

Who IMO are well worth the cost on such a small job that will take you days to strip, fill and rub down..... :rolleyes:

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

Polycell Smoothover will give a good result IF you are competent with the trowel. Or you will spend ages sanding out trowel lines. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Hi there
I'm having a go at using smooth over to cover up artex on my ceilings. I'm doing ok but I definately will need to go over it with a sander! :oops:
Alison

mr_moonface said:
thanks. i might just hire a plasterer.
would be interested to hear the London£££........Sussex price I had was £70.oo for a mornings work skimming 2 walls+ 10 for the multi and angle bead.

Nige F said:
mr_moonface said:
thanks. i might just hire a plasterer.
would be interested to hear the London£££........Sussex price I had was £70.oo for a mornings work skimming 2 walls+ 10 for the multi and angle bead.

Nige thats very cheap are you sure you didnt miss a 1 of the £70 = £170.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back