Creating a textured ceiling with Emulsion?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My kitchen ceiling is a little uneven with minor imperfections so that applying a coat of smooth emulsion won't look too good.

I don't really want to apply a heavy textured paint with grit in it, so was wondering how to apply a light texture with emulsion paint to hide imperfections.

I've found some thick one coat emulsion, if I use that with a long pile roller will that create the effect I want?

Any suggestions please.

Sponsored Links
you could try cutting lumps off a thick pile roller, or tying cloth to roller. or thick paint then sponge in a plastic bag couple of coats till your happy with finish

Here's a few tips on creating a texture in emulsion paint - and using a textured roller will help apply the kind of effect you want, but it'd be much easier with a textured paint to begin with. If the ceiling is uneven would you consider applying patterened ceiling tiles then painting over them?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back