SMS Scam

S

SammyInnit

So browsing the net as you do, some news website and a pop up happens on my phone. Closed the tab but immediately after recieve a text (attached screenshot). Thinking it was spam I didn't think but after looking it has actually put £4.50 on my bill! Need to get in touch with 3 about it but be careful as it seems this is the next up and coming big scam.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180324-222312.png
    Screenshot_20180324-222312.png
    131.1 KB · Views: 111
Sponsored Links
I've had that kind of thing, ........I was getting texts from an unsolicited source at £4 odd a pop !!!
Got it all cancelled.

Glad I've just got an old dumb phone. No problems like that. These Apple and other products are way too complicated and open to abuse. Anti-spyware/spam/virus on a phone?? WTF?? As the yoof would say.

Sponsored Links
I'd prefer one but on the modern job site the need to access drawings and emails outweighs the want to get rid of a smartphone.

Glad I've just got an old dumb phone. No problems like that. These Apple and other products are way too complicated and open to abuse. Anti-spyware/spam/virus on a phone?? WTF?? As the yoof would say.

I would say this happened on an android device Apple is not prone to anywhere near as many problems like that.

The pro’s of having a smart phone even if small things like this could happen far outweigh not having one.

I suppose once you get one, there's no going back. ill hold out for as long as I can, but I suppose I will have to get one eventually. It's the way things are going.

You need to text STOP to the number straight away. There should be a 24 hour cooling off period.
Likewise for any time you get a similar text - don't just delete the text or block the sender.

Its most likely that you have clicked something or subscribed to something that had joining hidden away in the T&Cs, and not a virus.
Probably that pop up which you closed quickly before the details or T&C's came up.
Contrary to what Apple fan boi's say, Android is no less secure than IOS.

Always close pop ups via the close tab function of the browser and never click a "close" button or an "x" in a pop up.

Check the company requesting the payment here https://psauthority.org.uk/about-us/number-checker by entering the text code or phone number.

Check the company requesting the payment here https://psauthority.org.uk/about-us/number-checker by entering the text code or phone number.
2018-03-26_21-07-45.png
You need to text STOP to the number straight away. There should be a 24 hour cooling off period.

I have done this but I hadn't straight away as my initial thought would have been it could of added more chargers. Did it today after taking the advice from my provider 3. They weren't willing to refund the £4.50 which is not the end of the world I just think it's a bloody cheek.

As for closing tabs etc, I really can't recally exactly what happened but there again it's probably my own fault for trying to read the news after having a few pints.

Sponsored Links
Back