Snookered and any suggestion would be greatly welcomed-

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My present Regular Boiler (Open vented & Gravity fed], including the DHW tank,Cold Water Feeder Tank and the Expansion Cistern to be replaced....

The installer wanted to make it a better system so that I will be able to select CH alone, DHW heating alone or CH & DHW heating together but still keep it as Regular Boiler.

He got stumped because the 28mm pipe presently from the boiler joining the CH & DHW is not accessible. (Here is where as I understood that he could put in the ? Honywell Valve)

I may have to settle for the old system in that I could have the DHW heating alone or DHW & CH together. (But would not have the choice for CH alone!!)

Can any one think of a solution so that he could do what he originally planned?

Regards

Sponsored Links
The solution is to make the pipe accessible, whether you agree to that much upheaval/ mess in your house is for you and your installer to agree.

Hi kidgreen,
The solution is to make the pipe accessible, whether you agree to that much upheaval/ mess in your house is for you and your installer to agree.

He does not want to do that though I suggested that to him :oops:

Regards

Sponsored Links
Hidcawkwell,
Get a different installed it isn't rocket science.

Have any in your mind,I wonder? Why not share here of "different" that you have in mind? :(

Regards

Running two pipes to join up with existing pipes isn't a problem.
Buildings have walls floors. I have drills and saws that are very good at
getting through walls and floor to run pipes.

If your installer doesn't know how to do this get someone else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back