Snow causes gable wall collapse

I think there will be a few people putting legs on there free standing car ports in the near future, especially bungalows and single story buildings.

Sponsored Links
It must`ve been wind - like the hurricane of `87 down here :idea: And the press have no idea about buildings anyway - a section of Render fell off a wall in Eastbourne , onto an abulance ( parked next to wall in the amb. station forecourt ) and the paper said it was Cladding fell off :rolleyes:

i read that aswell,and people on here complain about 'the daily snail',
the heralds never wrong is it?

Sponsored Links
Indeed - and then there`s the shopping centre roof collapse :eek: Strangely quiet @ the harbour tho` ;)

still think that was due to lack of maintenance of clearing gullys etc on the flat roof.

and i also reckon there goner demolish it.coz if its the concrete thats knackered then the whole building is shot,as it was built around 73.

There are times when you don't bother with calculations because you just know something looks wrong. And that cantilever just looks wrong.

still think that was due to lack of maintenance of clearing gullys etc on the flat roof.

and i also reckon there goner demolish it.coz if its the concrete thats knackered then the whole building is shot,as it was built around 73.
:confused: :?:

Totally bamboozled me there until i realised you were responding to Nige and not the o.p.....yes?

saw this on the news and found you posts on Google.
The canopy carport is made by canopiesuk Ltd.
There is nothing new about these collapses.
If you search Google for COLLAPSED CANOPIES or
COLLAPSED CARPORTS you will find safety warnings sent the schools
and many images of theses collapsing.
Here are some of the modes of failure.
The GRP cantilever beams fail my snapping.
The steel bracket work bends and or snap.
The wall fixings fail in tension.
The outer and sometimes the inner wall collapse due to the overturning effect.
100 of these canopies in the uk have failed from wind and or snow loading.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back