So many different makes of GU10's on ebay...which to choose?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm after 90 dimmable LED GU10's for my new house, some warm white and some white. My sparky originally quoted for normal non-LED's and we decided to pay extra and upgrade to LED to save on electric costs.

My sparky said he would charge me £9 for each one but he doesn't mind if I buy them so I thought i'd do a search only to find all sorts.

Actually whilst I write this I think it would be best to get the sparky to supply the bulbs, at least it's all done by him, what do you think? Unless anyone can direct me to a good make at a good price based on 90?

Look at that i've resolved my own question without any help from you guys :oops:

Sponsored Links
I think it's a bit late to go on about that.

Do they have to be dimmable?

Surely a local wholesaler could do a better price. You may have to up the qty to 100, but I think that <£9 should be doable.

STOP PRESS: Just rang Eddies.

They've quoted for Philips 7W dimmable LED GU10's in cool white, quantity 100....

£27.14 each + the dreaded. :eek: Am I going mad?

Sponsored Links
How about Megaman dimmable CFL GU10's, 11w?

They are 20mm longer than standard GU10's though, so will probably on fit if your fittings have a flying lampholder, not a fixed one.

They're £10.50 each at TLC.

TLC also have 3W (eq. 45W) LED lamps, but they are not dimmable and are cool white again. They're £8.50 each.

Personally, I'd go for the Megaman, but I wouldn't bother dimming them.

If you do that, the price drops from 10.50 down to 7.90, quite a saving on 90 units.

STOP PRESS: Just rang Eddies.

They've quoted for Philips 7W dimmable LED GU10's in cool white, quantity 100....

£27.14 each + the dreaded. :eek: Am I going mad?

The Philips ones are really good. They had some in Tesco the other day for £14.99 introductory offer. Probably helps that Lumileds is now fully owned by Philips!

Someone's actually going to spend up to £1000 on LED bulbs? :confused: Is it a mansion?

Bought an 11W (55W equivalent) not dimmable GU10 last week to try - as good as if not better than the 50W equivalent Megaman bulbs.

Split the rooms into zones and turn some zones off instead of dimming.

£4 each inc VAT

From ASDA

That's like saying a car with a V12 engine is useless because it needs so many cylinders to make it go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back