So whats up with the bloody thing, Eco 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Baxi 24Kw Eco 80, works CH ok, Hw water at 9.8 litres a minute is 10deg short of it's heat rise, cold is comeing in at 13deg so should be 48deg, is it bolloks, it's only 38deg, the washbasin is about 300mm from the boiler so no long dead leg, 28mm gas from meter for lot of the run then 22mm so not undersized.

If I screw it down to about 6 litres a minute it will go to about 50ish deg.
and further max about 53deg.

Right, the DHW xchanger is sqweaky clean as I removed it and flushed it, no crap came out, which isn't suprising as it had X400 in for about 4 weeks and the boiler was fitted onto a new CH system so all clean anyway, the HW sensor is ok and boiler modulates, manometer burner pressure is spot on at 12.2 mb and modulates if you screw tap down slowly, rate at the meter is 23.36Kw input, the heat ISN'T going down the flow pipe as I checked from stone cold system AND turned off isolation valves to 100%prove no loss around heating, took burners out and flushed through under tap, sucked and blew dry with hoover, all clear, and checked all jets clear, so, where the F**** is the 10 degrees disappearing, or is it that Baxi are a bit "generous" with their Spec, I phoned their Tech line and told them all I had checked, and they dont know whats wrong either :confused:

Any one had a similar problem and got any ideas or am I and Baxi tech missing something dead obvious :evil:

Sponsored Links
the input should be 26.3 so your 3kws short there, not quite sure why if the burner pressure is ok, need a bit more time to think about it ;)

are you measuring dhw temp at an outlet or at the boiler? Mixer shower introducing cold into the dhw could be the prob.

Sponsored Links
are you measuring dhw temp at an outlet or at the boiler? Mixer shower introducing cold into the dhw could be the prob.

Electric shower, measuring temp at basin taps, you can touch boiler and basin they are that close so no long deadleg.

Is there any other mixers in the house (tap).

If you turn off the cold mains into the boiler and open a hot tap is there owt coming out of the tap?

The kitchen sink has a mixer, anyway I turned off he cold valve to the boiler
to remove the DHWxchanger and there wasnt any continual dripping comein coming back from the hot outlet or out the hot basin tap while it was open.

I would love to make a suggestion about the possible cause but cannot because this is the open forum instead of the CC !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back