Socket Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have 4 sockets in a room of my house with 16 devices connected to them through adapters. I need to know is this safe to connect to many devices like this, and also what is the maximum number of devices that can be connected to a single socket.

Devices are mainly PC equipment, but also includes TVs, DVR, HiFi, etc...

What can I do to increase the power sockets?

Sponsored Links
Andy363 said:
What can I do to increase the power sockets?

install more sockets

so long as each appliance has the corectly rated fuse its nothing much to worry about.

its a sign of the life we live in.

if you were to put 8 double sockets on the wall, you would still find something else to be plugged in.

do use 4 wya blocks though, not the small adaptors.

your pc should be plugged into an anti surge one too

OK, Thanks

I am looking to buy this product: http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&DOY=15m9&ModuleNo=28214&criteria=

This product will allow me to connect these ten devices:
Two PCs (24/7)
Two monitors (24/7)
PC Speakers
TV
DVR
Sky Box
Cordless Mouse
Cordless Phone

Will this handle the power? Also this will leave one wall socket, will i then be able to connect another 6 way adapter for decks, cd mixers, and amps.

I seems to my that there is a hell of a lot of eletrical devices connected to two wall sockets. Is the dangerous in any way?

Sponsored Links
ok then, have a 10 way block instead.

If it were me, i wouldnt use the 10 way one

only because it looks like it will require more space than screwing 4 way blocks to the wall

as it is i have 3, 4 way blocks sitting at my feet now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back