socket tester

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive got a martindale socket tester are they sutible for testing sockets are they everything i need to make sure all ok

Sponsored Links
thats the point in them. 2 test sockets etc...

I have one, and yes I even use it to test all my sockets four times a year, when I test my RCD's too.

Unfortunately it does NOT detect neutral earth reversal, so you still need to do a "ohm meter" test for earth continuity etc.

kai said:
I have one, and yes I even use it to test all my sockets four times a year, when I test my RCD's too.

Unfortunately it does NOT detect neutral earth reversal, so you still need to do a "ohm meter" test for earth continuity etc.
how do i do that is that sraight from the cu

Sponsored Links
kai said:

They don't detect broken rings either, so you still need to test continuity or resistance of each conductor in a ring final.

Socket testers do not indicate high earth loop impedance, mine showed all ok, when I tested with a loop tester the ELI was 25 ohms. They are ok for l-n polarity and thats about it

I agree, a dodgy earth is always missed by these testers, to ensure a 0.4sec disconnection time, a numerical earth loop reading is critical.

I use my one purly as an isolation tool, as it beeps, you can here when you have turned the correct MCB off!

crystal ball said:
Socket testers do not indicate high earth loop impedance, mine showed all ok, when I tested with a loop tester the ELI was 25 ohms. They are ok for l-n polarity and thats about it

Is that the case for ALL socket testers ?

What about the Martindale ez150 / ez650 model ? See specs Here
E-ZE CHECK XTRA EARTH LOOP IMPEDANCE SOCKET CHECKER EZ150 - £49.80

Are you saying this is not really fit for purpose, as advertised ?
If so then it is very expensive compared with say the limited checks from :-
£8 draper 13A SOCKET TESTER
Three pin socket tester for 13A sockets. Will detect the following electrical faults: no earth, L & N reverse, neutral fault, live & earth reverse and live/fuse fault. Will also test 3, 5, and 13A fuses.

Technical data / price indicates rather a large difference in the specs ... Anyone actually tested the Martindale by comparison to conventional kit ?

P

Those enhanced specs for the Martindale would be the ones which say 'currently under construction' then?

Damocles said:
Those enhanced specs for the Martindale would be the ones which say 'currently under construction' then?

That is the Technical Specification Sheets

There are instruction manuals here Under EZ150 and EZ650 double sided.
PDF file In Adobe Reader 6.01 with doc open <View> <Rotate view> <Counterclockwise>

Be useful if anyone has really objectively, compared to results from standard (calibrated :confused: ) equipment.

P

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back