Socket testing.

Electrician turned up today to have a look.

Confirmed that

a) It could do with a proper earth terminal fitting ( I have tried to have one fitted, but trying to contact someone with a brain at the DNO is impossible)

b) Polarity is reversed at the CU.

His advice was to chase the guy who installed it and try and get him to rectify & certify it / report installer and get new guy in to fix and test it.

I am probably going to get this guy to test it after christmas and just report the original c*nt who installed it.

Sponsored Links
If it's got a PME sticker already, surely there will be an earth terminal to connect to?

Yuk!!

Need to chase that DNO. Brain or not, they should know what PME is and be able to get an engineer out to fit a suitable service head. Make sure you have a nice tail of 16mm² ready to connect to their terminal.

You did say the service pipes had PEB's, didn't you?

Sponsored Links
when we moved in, only the gas was bonded.

Water and Gas are now bonded to current requirements.

Bit of an update on this one.

Contacted the DNO, apparently we do not have PME in our area, they offered to fit an earth spike for £31, I declined as i already have one.

I had an electrician come and correct the cu incomers and carry out a PIR, much to his dissapointment, I guess, all circuits checked out fine with the exception of the garage ring that had a really bad IR reading but within allowance, just. Will probably replace the cables at the weekend, no idea how its damaged as its all in conduit, maybe they got stretched when they were installed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back