softener not going in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The machine is a Bosch and its 3yrs old. The softener is supposed to syphon in and I think it used to!!
All the parts are clean and undamaged--But sometimes the stuff stays in the tray--often its diluted down.
When I remove the tray the syphon action works perfectly every time .
I've tried reducing the water pressure but it only fills slower and makes no difference to the softener action---Any ideas PLEASE!!
I'ts got to be so obvious that I cant see it! :confused:

Sponsored Links
Dispenser top is prone to blocking. Try clearing the holes with a long piece of soft cable or cable tie.

Sleepyhead said:
Dispenser top is prone to blocking. Try clearing the holes with a long piece of soft cable or cable tie.

Thanks--that sounds good--i've only cleaned the gunge from the top of the dispenser,i'll attack the holes next----does it block because its a cold fill machine or do they all do it? :) :?:

Really depends on a lot of things, water, detergent, softener, cleaning etc. etc.
I've had to replace quite a few dispenser tops due to this problem.

Sponsored Links
Sleepyhead said:
Really depends on a lot of things, water, detergent, softener, cleaning etc. etc.
I've had to replace quite a few dispenser tops due to this problem.[
If it comes to the worst ,is it a diy job? and where could i get the
part? I looked in the top and there didn't seem to be too many bits involved---(wish I had a quid for every time i've said that over the years.)

Fairly straightforward job, the top clips onto the dispenser body.
You have to release the dispenser housing from the machine by taking out two screws (visible when you remove the dispenser). take the hoses off the rear (note which one goes where) slide the whole unit back a little, unclip the top and it lifts off.
Fitting is the reverse of the above.
No idea of price, part from Bosch? Check their website.
Mind you, if you take the top off the dispenser body you could probably flush it out properly with a hose.

Sleepyhead said:
You have to release the dispenser housing from the machine by taking out two screws (visible when you remove the dispenser). take the hoses off the rear (note which one goes where) slide the whole unit back a little, unclip the top and it lifts off.
Mind you, if you take the top off the dispenser body you could probably flush it out properly with a hose.
Many thanks!I'll give it a try asap--will post the result.It could seriously reduce the grief i'm getting about it and save a bit too ;)

scrumpyjack said:
Sleepyhead said:
Many thanks!I'll give it a try asap--will post the result.It could seriously reduce the grief i'm getting about it and save a bit too ;)
Well i've just done the clean up--it was very clogged up inside--a bit more of a struggle than I expected though.
The dispenser tray had a lug at the back which stopped it from moving enough so I had to release the front bar that holds the control panel and that allowed the dipenser enough movement to get the top off.
On a test wash now so its fingers crossed. I'll post again -Thanks

You can normally get the dispenser back by pushing the tub down on it's suspension. Not to worry, you've had it out and if the waterways are clear it should now work.

Sleepyhead said:
You can normally get the dispenser back by pushing the tub down on it's suspension. Not to worry, you've had it out and if the waterways are clear it should now work.

Well--my wife seems to think it's ok now-no left over or diluted softener in the dispenser.Thanks for your help :D

If you ever want advice about printing i'll try to return the favour,dunno where you'd post it on here though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back