software for downloading videos of you tube.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help me out here, I`m looking for some quality free software for downloading videos of you tube and the like, i was using Qickvic but it water marks everything.

Sponsored Links
I dont know what/why you want to grab utube, but I download them, then extract the music as mp3 only.

Download RealPlayer and when you move mouse to top right corner of a you tube vid a DOWNLOAD VIDEO button appears

Sponsored Links
Yep, Tim's right.
Free Realplayer will record most online content. It's all you need and plays BBC (but can't rip it) You can then convert to other media types if you want to. Be warned that YouTube is pretty poor for quality. If you go for the full Realplayer it can burn DVDs of your files that will play through any DVD or PC.
If you download any conversion apps use Majorgeeks. They're 100% safe.

If you use Firefox there is a plugin which allows easy download of any Flv file.

If you use Firefox there is a plugin which allows easy download of any Flv file.

I dont think it can view them but you can download them. It is called downloadhelper. Really handy to ge those Led Zep O2 gig vid's before they were pulled. And real player does it as well.

PS you ar ebetter off with these than getting dome dodgy bit of code from a crackers site. :)

Cheers
Bob

Back