softwood floor on kingspan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
going to be laying ptg softwood floorboards on a beam an block ground floor. so will be block floor, 75 mm kingspan then 2"by2" batons to fix flooring to .
i'm not sure if the 2 by 2 will sink into kingspan so was wondering if it would be advisable to use a sheet on 6mm plywood or hardboard on the kingspan to help spread the weight of the batons.

also whats the best why of fixing tg floorboards. i've been told that now its standard to glue each one when fixing seems a bit of over kill to me if the floor is well nailed or screwed down.
thanks

Sponsored Links
Your idea sounds as if you designed it to give you problems e.g. battens not exactly flat, possible flex and twist in floor-boards etc.

Much simpler to cut the Kingspan to desired widths and screw 75 mm battens to floor.

That way you know your floor will be absolutely solid at the cost of maybe 10% less insulation value ( which is not a lot when talking about a ground- floor ).

Not certain about the glue but I would have thought the screws would be enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back