Soil Pipe in wrong place for new toilet - help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
This is my first ever post, hope that someone can help please. I have been given a close coupled WC for my very small bathroom. The problem is that the existing low level WC has the soil pipe coming up about 8inches from where it needs to be (the floor is suspended). The pipe looks like it is made of pot/clay material and is 4inches diameter. It has some sort of concrete collar all around the pipe, that bit is above the floorboards, and then the WC fits into a plastic connection from that.
Really grateful if any of you experts out there could say the best way to cut the pipe so it is under the floorboards and then exactly what connections I need to make, so it is back to the wall about 8inches?
I don't want to box it in as bathroom too small and have heard flexi hose isn't really so good to use, so can I use other kinds of connectors?

Sponsored Links
115mm angle grinder carefully cutting it all round. Then use a rubber flexible connector which have steel jubilee style bands. The come in various diameters into which you can insert a 110mm pvc pipe.

Pete

To add to previous advice, cut low enough to accommodate 2x 45 ° bends in order to 'dog leg' the pipe back to the wall, and give you the position required. May need to (carefully) excavate around the existing pipe to achieve depth required to make cut. Using 90° bends is highly likely to cause a problem.

• Thanks
Reactions: DSW
Hi all,

Thanks so much for your help. Sorry to be a bit 'thick and slow', I understand the great advice about using a couple of 45 degree bends to move the soil pipe back where it needs to be but am not sure what to buy. If it's not too much trouble, does anyone have a link or a picture of the parts I will need?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
First of all you need to work out how far of the wall the drain needs to be,

Assemble cistern on pan and fit a short bent Multikwik fitting on it, Move it back snug to a wall, and measure from wall to centre of pan connector,

With this measurement you can work out, how much you need to move it,

Then it gets a bit more tricky you need to work out, how you can achieve this,

with male to female or female female with a bit of soil pipe in between.

When you have worked that out, you can then work out the length of the fittings and how far down you need to cut you existing drain, and the best method of connecting to it

And I bet you thought a bit Plumbing was easy

Its a good job I was bored when I came across your post or I would have just ignored It,

I wish you luck with your project

• Thanks
Bend: http://www.screwfix.com/p/single-socket-bend-45/23573 I'd go looking in a few skips, or ask a local builder for an offcut of pipe if you need it, you wont want 3 metres i'm sure!

Pipe can be cut with a normal wood saw, but it is vital any cut ends are chamfered, otherwise you will push the seal out the fittings when trying to join. Smear of washing up liquid will suffice to lubricate the seal for jointing.

• Thanks
I'd really recommend this awful job is one for the professionals. Don't risk your health!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back