soil pipe problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering replacing my bathroom suite (old for new swap) in a new flat and have noticed that the soil pip has been covered in expanding foam. I guess this was to cure a leak at some point? If there is a crack in the soil pipe is there any way to cure this, my first thought was put a slightly smaller pipe in past the crack, or will the whole pipe need replaced. If so how much should I expect to pay someone to do this for me?

Sponsored Links
the soil pip
Where is it - under a floor, outside 3rd floor over a tank of alligators...???!
Material?
Length?
Where are you?..............?

I see now more info is needed sorry!!!

It's a third flor flat the pipe runs directly to the the outside wall there is about 1m from the end of the pipe to the outside wall. Any crack must be internal as no repair has been done externally and there is no sign of leakage.

I'm in Edinburgh and the whole soil pipe is exposed i.e. it runs slightly off the horizontal from the back of the pan to the wall.

Hope this helps a bit more

Cheers

Sponsored Links
i take it the poss leak is on the inside ?
do you need to disturbe it ?
can you leave alone and just fit a new toilet?
if u need to "know",,,then u'll have to look.....
if it is damaged and inside you might be able to cut it back and join a new piece on ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back