Soil pipe slight misalignment - to adjust or not

It`s not an issue that will actually cause a problem
Well that's re-assuring - maybe I'm being too concerned. Because of this have barred this WC for big jobbies (there are others in the property!).

Hugh, if the join can't be undone, splicing the section is an option but something I really would like to avoid.

My builder put that tile under the join (in the first pic) and flexed the pipe at the bend going down and this provided at least some incline in that section. But to stay in that position he says would require a bracket to brace against that bit of chimney on the outside face. Apart form the fact that I don't want him to endanger his health doing that (he says not to worry but it just looks difficult to manage), it would also put continuous stress on the whole length. So, going by Nige's re-assurance, if I can leave everything as is and not worry about it, that would be great :D - or else it's the splice :(

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back