Soil stack boss for WC pan connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'll post a photo of my predicament in due course (done, obviously!), but basically my new toilet needs to be about 100mm closer to the stack than the current toilet. Both toilet's spiggots are rear exit and are at 90 degrees to the waste stack's swept 'T' junction. The current pan connector is a tight 90 degree bend straight into the junction.

m274i.jpg

9anxif.jpg

The distance from the point at which the junction diameter increases to the centre of the current pan connector is 200mm.

My soil stack is very close to the position of where my new toilet needs to go, but the swept 'T' into which the current pan connector fits is wide enough to take a 110mm soil pipe. The only way I can think of getting a closer 90 degree bend is if there was a 'T' junction that was effectively like a 110mm soil pipe and a 90 degree pan connector could be pushed further in. Does such a junction for soil stacks exist, or is there some other way I can get a tigher 90 degree pan connector? Please don't recommend a side exit pan, because, as usual, I'm not the one in charge of picking the sanitary ware!

Apologies if none of this makes sense, but I'm not sure of the proper lingo!

Any constructive advice appreciated!

Thanks
-Rob.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I'll post a photo of my predicament in due course, but basically my new toilet needs to be about 100mm closer to the stack than the current toilet. Both toilet's spiggots are rear exit and are at 90 degrees to the waste stack's swept 'T' junction. The current pan connector is a tight 90 degree bend straight into the junction.

Photo would help
.... The only way I can think of getting a closer 90 degree bend is if there was a 'T' junction that was effectively like a 110mm soil pipe and a 90 degree pan connector could be pushed further in. Does such a junction for soil stacks exist, or is there some other way I can get a tigher 90 degree pan connector? Please don't recommend a side exit pan, because, as usual, I'm not the one in charge of picking the sanitary ware!

Apologies if none of this makes sense, but I'm not sure of the proper lingo!

Is a bit difficult to understand but could you not use an offcut of 110pipe to extend the length of the 90 fitting to enable you to use a shorter pan cooenctor

:evil:

Sounds like you need a flexi pan connector to me, they come in all manner of lengths. Principal of a Slinky..... :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice. If I used an offcut of 110mm pipe into the junction and then a swan-neck connector that might work, but only if I can shorten the length of the straight run on a swan-neck. Are they able to be cut down any? There always seems to be about 100-150mm of straight before the rubber fins at the end.

If I used an offcut of 110mm pipe into the junction and then a swan-neck connector that might work, but only if I can shorten the length of the straight run on a swan-neck. Are they able to be cut down any? There always seems to be about 100-150mm of straight before the rubber fins at the end.

You should be able to cut it down a bit, and you only need enough offcut of 110 to ensure a positive seal around the rubber seal in the T - 40to50mm by the look of it.

Don't use flexipipe - notorious for blocking

Not sure but wouldn't have thought so. Maybe the "old BS" bit refers to an old standard, and not an old pan??

Probably worth giving it a go but you'll still need that offcut to seal the end of the existing T

Thanks again for your help - much appreciated. I'll post back here and let you know how it goes. Might not be for a week or two, though!

Thank-you for all the advice. In the end it was just too much of an angle because the height of the spigot on the new pan made it impossible to turn the angle in such a tight space.

Instead I opted to install a new soil stack outside and take everything straight through the wall. Much neater and easier (inside, at any rate!).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back