soil stack leaking raw sewage into kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,need some advice in this one cos seems very expensive to me,what do u think?

Whole stack blocked again and been leaking for a long while into kitchen.

Also leak in floor void from shower/stack.

This is the only one not to have been converted in the street.all rest have

Outside drains.

AT moment kitchen floor flooded and constant leak from above.

Need soil stack,new wastes pipes etc.dig up garden and flags.

Dig down to find a sewer pipe(don’t know how far down).make new connection

Etc etc etc

This is going to be very expensive so need to know if funds are available immediately

To pay me or ill haveto walk away from this one.

I cantgive an exact figure but in the regon of 1500 to 2000 to do job properly

is it possible that my house is the only one without outside drains?cos i know they drain to the public sewerage
Is there need to dig down looking for pipes? wouldnt be possible just unblocke and clean it?
please help cos im lost ..
thanks

Sponsored Links
Preumably you share an inspection chamber with one of the neighbours, which would seem the obvious place to start jetting from. If tha clears it then the only thing that I'd be looking at is how that shower has leaked into the ceiling void, since that's got nothing to do with the blocked stack :confused:

Sponsored Links
well guys, do u reckon the for the job below 2000 pounds vat inclusive is a reasonable price?
thank u

We arrived to find sewerage leaking from pipe in kitchen storage cupboard,in floor
Void between kitchen and bathroom and also from shower/basin pipe in boxin in to bathroom.
So basically the sewage was at a height of 3 to 4m in your pipes.
The kitchen floor and wooden cupboards were all full of sewage contamination.
Although we rodded the pipes we could not clear them.
We contacted venmore and they you and told to go ahead.
We have taken up outside ground,jackhammerd concrete surrounding old drains,found cracked drain
And dug further down to expose good pipe.
We have now install new pipe,access point and external soil and vent pipe,new connection to
Toilet and also bathroom.finally we have install an air admittance valve.
We are making good to your outside flags today.photos and invoice will follow.

Blocked manhole or soil pipe, jet it jetted out.

Andy

I told you 11 days ago that it was a blocked manhole/soil pipe.

It could of being cleared from above where the toilet connects to the soil pipe.

The crack could have happened when the ground was 'jack-hammered'.???

Andy

Blocked manhole or soil pipe, jet it jetted out.

Andy

I told you 11 days ago that it was a blocked manhole/soil pipe.

It could of being cleared from above where the toilet connects to the soil pipe.

The crack could have happened when the ground was 'jack-hammered'.???

Andy
And you could have cctv surveyed it :idea: -Wonder why they fitted an aav :confused:

If they rodded it, it could have been jetted, and that would have cleared it.

It's a shame the OP didn't come back to me and ask me further questions, we could have helped out even further and saved them a lot of money!

I have never met a labourer that's dug down to find a pipe that didn't crack the pipe in the process. It made the job worth while for the bloke that did the work to find the 'problem' of a cracked pipe (that he probably cracked with the Kango) and then be able to charge to replace/fix it!

They should have got a one off price for the jetting, which could cost as little as £95.00, had that done and taken it from there.

Andy

I have never met a labourer that's dug down to find a pipe that didn't crack the pipe in the process. Andy
you`ve not seen me ;) I used to handle a kango and a grinder like a brain surgeon :p I should`ve been an archaeologist

I know Andy, but the problem is that im living abroad at the moment and I couldnt supervise everything..so you have to trust people...
thanks anyway,I appreciate your advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back