Soil Stack

NHS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

My exsisting soil vent is situated on the rear wall (middle of wall) and i would like to place this at corner of the bungalow. a movement of approx 10 feet. This then runs into the sewer pipe 2 feet away.

I am also in the process of starting a loft conversion with an en suite bathroom.

The question being is can i attach the up stairs toliet, waste water to the vent? i have read about Air admittance valves. Can these be placed in the loft?

Hope you understand all this

Chris

Sponsored Links
Yes, you can attach more than one w.c. to a soil stack.

Why would you need an AAV on a soil stack or is this unrelated part of the drain system?

The principle is that the SVP (soil vent pipe) vents the system usually at the highest point in the system.

An SVP can double as a soil stack and vice versa.

You can have AAV's on other parts of the system but the drain system as a whole will still need to be vented (preferred) into the outside air.

If there are any openable windows nearby then the pipe must terminate 900mm above the openable window.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back