Soil/waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have worked out that I can replace a saniflow in an extension, with proper drainage - there's enough fall to the existing manhole based on 1:25 fall - total length is about 17 metres. Previous owner obviously took the easy route.

Thing is, I want to plumb two bathrooms to it. The first section from bathroom 1 to bathroom 2 is about 2.5 metres. I can get the required fall and sink it into floor slab - messy but doable. Each bathroom has WC, shower and basin.

Then there's a drop of about 15cm to the outside ground level, and the next 15 metres or so can have the same 1:25 fall.

All the advice and documents I've read talk about vertical soil stacks and the recommendations around those for additional fittings etc. Are there any things I need to look out for when most of the run will be horizontal? I am assuming that putting some kind of access about half way along is advisable.

Any advice gladly received.

Matt

Sponsored Links
I'd say you're better off putting the access as close to the top as possible. The next manhole downstream would cover you for the other end of it. If there's a problem inside the property it just makes it a little easier to get at if you're closer to it and 17m from one manhole to the next provided it's a straight line with adequate fall isn't a particularly long run.

Don't know if there's building regs for this, but that would make sense to me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back