Solar power Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

Is solar power worth looking into? I have heard it costs so much to install, and then it can only heat your hot water cylinder and cannot reach temepratures enough to provide central heating in winter.

Is there any way I can learn some more on solar power?

Any help would be great :D

Sponsored Links
as a business - don't bother unless you are going to employ slick weasel salesmen!
as an investment, fitting your own - worth doing as you will save a good amount pay back in around 5 - 6 years
as an investment getting it fitted will never pay for itself, you will hopefully break even in about 13-14 years by the time you take in maintenance costs.

solar reverse heating will probably only give a 10 - 15 degree rise on the heating water temp in the winter if that and only if the installer does it right!

Thanks for yor advice

Is it for new builds only then?

I was just wondering how it'd work !

You can use it for space heating with a thermal store, although by definition, the gains will be very limited. It will however be very useful for hot water.

Sponsored Links
Get a MCS registered company to fit PV panels and take advantage of the feed in tariffs. It is worth looking into.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back