Solar PV on new roof - inline versus clamped

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting my slate roof tiles relaid (for exterior insulation) and at the same time having solar PV fitted. Given all the slates are being removed, the option of inline panels is a far more similar cost to traditional clamp and rail mounted.

The installer is being very helpful - but has advised that even on a bare untiled roof, that we are better getting the clamp and rail versus an inline system.

I'm agree that the inline would be hard to remove in future, but aesthetically it would seem better to have them embedded. And for a new fit roof, the cost difference isn't significant.

Does anyone have any other views? The only nagging doubt is that why - if for a new roof - people still use surface clamped panels... why is there even a market for these inline products?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back