Solder Joint Plumbing - How Hard It It In Reality???

who really cares what a dilutie wire twister thinks

Just to educate you a bit, the essence of insulting someone is to do it in a language the person understands, otherwise your insult is pointless.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Holmsaw, you muppet, thats Kev's signature not a comment aimed at you.
:rolleyes:

God not another one, I know its his signature, with a built in insult to all wire twisters or electricians.

move the inflammable item first. :rolleyes:

Oh thats a good idea, so when you're using a blow torch in some ones loft, you remove the ceiling joists and rafters.

I wonder why I never thought of that.

Unless the wood is rotten, it's impossible to start a fire with the blowlamp.

Stick the flame on a lump of 4 x 2 and as soon as you take it away it goes out.

Obviously you take precautions as small stuff will burn, and avoid hair felt lagging like the plague.

Obviously you take precautions as small stuff will burn, and avoid hair felt lagging like the plague.

Well, this is turning into a real eye opener, 4x2 timber does'nt burn, what next. :LOL:

Well, this is turning into a real eye opener, 4x2 timber does'nt burn, what next. :LOL:

Get a lump of timber and try it, I bet you can't start a fire.

As soon as you take the flame away it will go out.

as he said it will scorch but you got to be a slow at soldering for it to catch fire.

Coleslaw, I need to light a BBQ.

Can I have a detailed risk assesment perlease?

Oh, BTW I bet your kids love guy fawkes night!

Appreciate your help.

Paul.

An old Plumber, once told me, The first "Electicians" were all Plumbers as no other trade could understand the priciples of electrics.He related the live, negative and earth to this that and the other, in plumbing.
Our trade as been going on for thousands of years and these UP STARTS
are now trying to tell us how to do it,
How dare you!!!

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE i think it will probably end up looking worse than when you started. you would be easier buying some tectite fittings dearer but in the long run as a DIYer you will be able to make it look neat, not set fire to your kitchen, have it done in less time, impress the Mrs and it wont end up being an under sink sprinkler system

Must have chucked dozens of plumbers off of sites over the years for not having fire extinguishers. Never worked out if they were plain stupid or just could'nt give a f***.

One site I was on plumber decides to sneak on site to do some work. No method statement, no risk assessment, no common sense and he new hot works were not allowed. Set fire to the roof of a brand new office block cost £2.5 million to fix.

I've met hundreds of careless plumbers, but only a couple of careful ones.

View media item 13840 please

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back