solenoid valve assembly for dolphin 1000 shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

my shower will not turn off on the unit and i can only switch off at the mains pullcord. i have been advised that it is the solenoid valve but dolphin is no longer trading or the part is obsolete. Can anyone help me out with this?

Sponsored Links
It's not the solenoid coil then if it turns off with the mains isolator.
It'll be what activates the solenoid coil when shower is powered up ie micro switch etc.

If i remember on the back of the front cover there are little plungers that move back and forward they operate the switches sometimes these stick you could give them a clean, One will be sticking on keeping power to the solenoid.

But as you say Dolphin parts are now obsolete.

thanks for your help. i dont think it is simply the on/off switch sticking. It gives off a metallic smell when running. only need it to last another few months as i was going to renovate the bathroom anyway just not yet due to funds. is this possible/expensive to fix?

Have you had the cover off yet ?
You may have a damaged/faulty switch on the back of the cover.

Have you any pics of the rear of the cover etc.
Yrs since i seen or worked on one and only have pics of the internals not the rear of cover.

Sponsored Links
ok its definitely this one that smells. what am i looking for to see if its faulty? can these switches be bought?

Check it with a multi meter on the 2 connections if it's got continuity the switch is closed which will be still allowing power to solenoid when button off.
Also check the plunger that hits the m/swich from the on/off button these use to stick keeping m/switch in on position even though button was off.

If it smells sounds like yours maybe burnt out inside poss keeping contacts in on position.

These were not the useal m/switches cause they had the long metal arm on them.

ok thanks very much! just the question of where i can purchase a new one really. Will plumbase or an electric shop sell them? is it dangerous to use?

Maybe your lucky day.

M/SWITCH

Check if it's a 3 or 2 pin.

Also maplins electrical stock alot of this sort of stuff. but as said it's got the extra long arm.

If somethings starting to burnout then maybe i wouldn't use it till sorted.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thats excellent! that is the one! I'm off out to try and buy a replacement. Many thanks for your help and I'll try and let you know how i get on with it! :D

Blimey that wasn't bad going an hour. :eek:
Surprised they had one with the arm.
Nice cheap fix, Glad you sorted it. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back