solid fuel central heating,new regs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,I have just bought an old flat and need to replace the old parkray solid fuel fire.There is no gas locally and I can get free firewood from a tree surgeon so will just keep the same system.I've had two guys look at it to replace old with new but they seem to disagree what needs to be done.The first guy says as I have only one combination tank in the loft he will need to install a new 50 litre tank,a 37" by 18" cylinder and an E&F tank which is all quite expensive.The second guy says this is wrong and as its a combination tank we can swap like for like.Is there new regs governing this that one of the guys doesn't know about .many thanks

kev

Sponsored Links
I can't think of any reason why you can't install a combination tank if the fancy so takes you.

BTW, you'll need to stockpile some wood for the winter so that it's fully seasoned/dried, or you'll get naff all heat out of it.

I think the first guy seems to think it has got something to do with legonaires disease.Thanks for the wood tip.much appreciated

Sponsored Links
I've maintained a few, but never fitted one. However, they're still being manufactured, and I find it hard to believe that this would happen without WRAS approval.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back