Which? solid fuel boiler??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
help..newby here....our parkray chiltern room heater, with jacket-type back boiler (which services 6 rads, plus hot water cylinder) has, due to my negligence.....been allowed to run away all day, and the boiler jacket has split. The appliance is 14 years old....

result is, needs a new jacket!

Parkray can supply the item.....but what I wonder is....would it be more preferable to buy a complete new room heater with back boiler?

If so, what is recommended in today's marketplace?

Is there a modern (ie inexpensive) alternative, using solid fuel (and wood, of which we have an abundance)...?

we are rural, gasless, and only recently getting an underground electricity supply....not even broadband!

Ideally i'd like to keep the installation as cheap as poss.......oil firing, of which I have experience, is a tad dodgy in today's climate....and tank gas is out too.

The house is small, two beds.....

Sponsored Links
thanks....was preferring a solid fuel, ie anthracite as used(!) at present....the Parkray could handle this AND wood if the mood struck...

is simply replacing the boiler jacket a sensible option?

Sponsored Links
Some of those were multifuels... I used to have something similar, ran on smokeless, wood, kitchen rubbish... it heated the cylinder and the main room but no radiators.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back