Solid Fuel Fire without Chimney?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,

We live in a modern detached house and currently have a flame type gas fire which we only use as a 'feature' really. It's the type with an extractor fan that pulls fumes out through a vent

I would love a solid fuel fire, just to put on at Christmas and when I need my 'fire fix' - must be other blokes that like real fire?

Anyway, as our house doesn't have a chimney, I was wondering if it is possible to use a 'stovepipe' type chimney, are there fires that can be used with this type of chimney and whether planning permission is required?

I even considered having a brick chimney build onto the wall where the current fire is located but I don't think there would be room as the path between the houses is on this side.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Best wishes

Dave

Sponsored Links
It is possible to have a solid fuel stove, you need to use class 1 twin walled flue liner right up through house, terminated above roof line, then presumably boxed in at bed room level and a fireplace or surround in lounge.
Dont think planning perm. reqd.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back