Solved!!! Heating working properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I thought I would post in case it helps anyone else in the future.

I've posted a couple of times on our on-going heating problem - basically the radiators would only get warm (very occasionally they would get hot). The controller was still calling for heat and the relay light was on, the boiler would run for about 5 minutes and then boiler and pump would switch off. We never achieved the required temperature.

After ruling out the pump and the boiler thermostat, it turned out to be the motorised valve sticking which we have now replaced. This morning husband had to get up, turn off heating and open window as we were too hot!

Thanks to everybody who answered my posts and gave advice. I really appreciate the time people will take to help out.

Sponsored Links
Sounds similar to the problem I think I have at the moment, the boiler shuts off after a few mins with the pump still running and the room stat still calling for heat. The boiler is being serviced on Sat so will get the engineer to take a look - thanks.

Clearly you now have a fault with your room thermostat!

That's will be wasting fuel!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Clearly you now have a fault with your room thermostat!

That's will be wasting fuel!

Tony

It was an Operator Error - I had it set to 25 degrees!

Now down to a comfortable 19 degrees and am very impressed at just how quick and efficient my central heating system is :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back