Some pics from P.I.R.

Sponsored Links
What happened to the telephone socket? Looks to have been burned from the bottom right hand side, I'm thinking BT NTE5 sockets don't have much in that portion of the socket which can do this, dunno about telewest.

No idea. Carpets etc were lifted when we went in so not sure if something external burnt it. In saying that every socket had serious problems so who knows.

Supply was taken out of house due to the state of it :eek:

Recommended a re-wire but client seems to think a couple of new sockets and it'll be fine :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Recommended a re-wire but client seems to think a couple of new sockets and it'll be fine :rolleyes:
I guess it's possible that there isn't anything wrong with the wiring itself.

Still - at least a rewire won't damage the decor!

Nasty damp problem too...

It is shocking that anyone would sell a house with the electrics in that state.

I guess it's possible that there isn't anything wrong with the wiring itself.

Still - at least a rewire won't damage the decor!

Nasty damp problem too...

I'm just learning at the min so the boss was the one who suggested the re-wire. We struggled to get any readings at all. Infact the lights were about the only thing that were even remotely safe! Every socket we looked at had melted wires or were burnt out!

This was how the house was left when the tennant moved out! No idea how anyone could have stayed there like that!

Apparently the person who last stayed in the house had done something to the meter for free leccy, when they moved out the supplier broke in took the meter out when they seen the mess the electrics were in :eek:

Anyway i'm rambling now but just wanted to say how good a site this is for someone just learning like myself. Keep up the good work folks :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back