Some radiators not really getting hot

AMW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Problem seems to be that the upstairs and downstairs hallway radiators get really hot quick while the others seem to stay either lukewarm or barely warm at all.
Bled all the radiators but I’m suspecting a balancing issue. House is 2008 built so not old.
I don’t appear to have regular lock shields to do balancing however, I’ve got ones that are as my picture on all the radiators:
62F0FAF5-0B86-4C3D-95D9-9D79E594221C.jpeg
All these seem to be completely open on all the radiators, is this correct?!
I’ve got Drayton Smart TRV’s on most the radiators and the pins seem to be moving freely enough.

Appreciate any help
Andy

Sponsored Links
What valves did you replace with the Drayton’s? Is this a new issue as in it worked ok before? If all those are fully open I’d suspect it to be balancing too.

Was a mix of Siemens ones and Terrier. To be fair no I don’t think it was really working that well before either but I’ve only moved in fairly recently.

Crank down the lockshield on both hallway rads until they are barely open ,but still heat up. See what the resulting effect is it on the other rads.

Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
I will try that tomorrow, cheers. Have either of you got a proper guide for balancing, I've seen different methods given online....

:D Thanks, I did try to, but couldn’t find your link, was using my phone, there was an faq 5 in heating and it links to that site ;)
Yeah, TBF it probably should be under radiators but it isn't, it's under FAQ's

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back