someone please help,no hotwater from shower mixer!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i bought a thermostatic Mixer shower called a fusion mixer shower from b&q,and fitted it about 2 months ago ever since then when i turn it on the water only comes out luke warm.
im no plumber buy my diy skills are pretty good.
i have a woustershire bosch 24i jounior.
when i turn on any tap in the house i get hot water and when i turn on the shower although the boilers fires up and i can feel that the pipes up to the mixer get hot i only get luke warm water
things ive tried:
puting a non return return valve on the hot side.
replacing the valve for a new one.
finaly last week i tried putting a prv on the cold.
still no luck!!!!!

Sponsored Links
which way round have you connected the hot and cold pipes? should be hot on left cold on right as you look at the shower from the front.

the pipes are definatley round the right way
and ive changed the whole unit once already

Sponsored Links
is there any chance the flow rate at your shower is higher than at your taps? just quickly measure time to fill a large jug for a rough guide.

measure flow at tap then measure at shower. see if the flow from the shower is higher than your taps. It may be the flow at your shower is too much for your boiler to cope with

Have you checked the instruction manual and adjusted the thermostat within the mixer itself?

ok
i feel realt stupid now and have learnt a big lesson!
always read all the instructions!!!
thanks for the needed push
poped of cover and adjusted it
:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back