Sony LCD going nuts - much like me!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people, this forum is my last port of call before I call in the TV repair guys :eek:

Had my Sony KDL-46V3000 just over 2 years and all has been well til Xmas eve when it decided to start playing up. From cold it will work without a glitch but after say 20 minutes it'll throw the RCCB :rolleyes:

Gotta say I'm bloody annoyed with Sony's so called customer service, after lashing out a good few quid in-store where its "Hello Sir, can we bend over backwards for you" to your repair will cost £436 based on what you have told us, with NO exceptions have a nice day! :evil:

A couple of shops have told me its likely to be the main power supply and that's a £160 PCB plus fitting, fair price I don't know?

Has any of you more qualified people got any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks all. Bill

Sponsored Links
Are you 100% sure its the TV, does your power trip when TV is off?
It could be another appliance is at fault and your tv is enough to take it over the (presumed)30ma current.
Does it still trip when it is JUST the tv plugged in to your sockets.

Its definitely the TV. Ive unplugged everything but the TV in the house just to make sure and sure as eggs are eggs it still trips :?:

Have you tried it on a supply that is not RCB protected?

If not, for me; that would be my next port of call

Martin

Sponsored Links
Its definitely the TV. Ive unplugged everything but the TV in the house just to make sure and sure as eggs are eggs it still trips :?:

A longer shot but you could still have a small L>E fault on your fixed wiring and then the TV leakage could take the RCD to the threshold....

If it is a TV fault, I would try your luck under the Sale of Goods Act. The government have actually done quite a good job with the Consumer Direct web site, all the information you need is on there. A TV should last well beyond two years, and even without an extended guarantee, enough pushing and quoting the right parts of the act should see you a free repair or replacement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back