Sorry about that

• Thread starter Lincsbodger
  • Start date
L

Lincsbodger

After the Dishwasher died, monday morning the cable modem also died, NTL have only just got round to swapping it out and reconnecting me.

The monkey who came was a nice lad, but i wouldn't want him near my daughter......he also wasnt too bright when it came to networks.

Sponsored Links
So it's the lad who reconnected you that owes us an apology ;) :LOL: :LOL:

do you suspect a mains surge then?
taking out the dishwasher and modem at the same time?

Nope, Mrs LB took both the modem and the D/W out.

The modem to get him off DIYnot and the D/W to give him something else to do instead...

Sponsored Links
NTL? Didnt they cease to be about 5 years ago? (Though I know a lot of homes have faceplates with NTL / Telewest Broadband / Yorkshire cable on them, the service is Virgin)

Did Virgin charge you for the privilege? Might it have been cheaper and quicker to go out and buy a cable router?

What is the point of the post Lincs? :confused:

NTL? Didnt they cease to be about 5 years ago? (Though I know a lot of homes have faceplates with NTL / Telewest Broadband / Yorkshire cable on them, the service is Virgin)

Did Virgin charge you for the privilege? Might it have been cheaper and quicker to go out and buy a cable router?

What is the point of the post Lincs? :confused:

yea it was NTL/Virgin/Telewest

no they didnt charge, there modem, there problem.

yea but then you would have to clone the MAC address and the config file, and they get a bit arsey when you do that

The post was to explain my sudden vanishing trick on monday morning.

you can't buy cable modems can you? not at PC world and places like that..
I've never seen one..

Sponsored Links
Back