Sorry.... more part p stuff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having just read all the threads on part p (which is of interest to me as an evil non qualified/registered meddler of elastic trickery) :LOL:

As I understand it, under part p, qualifications mean Jack Sh*t if you are not registered to a body like NICEIC. So an apprentiship served electrician won't be able to work (legally) without being a member. So what does he have to do to join? Pay a large sum of money to an organistion to be tested every year? Isn't this like another layer of tax?!?

Who actually runs these organisations? Are they government controlled?

I seem to remember a plumber telling me once that the government (in their wisdom) switching from one official body to Corgi. And everyone suddenly had to become Corgi registered overnight. And their existing membership with ( :?: ) became null and void. Backhander anyone? Oh sorry, just me being cynical!

So, I reckon the next level of beurocracy will be that each installation will have to be examined by an independent qualified and accredited electrician in order to issue a certificate!

At the end of the day, some people will bodge - However much legislation there is!

Ok, last comment, can I still put a pin in the wall to hang a picture of my cat? Or do I need a form? :eek:

Sponsored Links
mildmanneredjanitor said:
Ok, last comment, can I still put a pin in the wall to hang a picture of my cat? Or do I need a form? :eek:

no, a "pin" would be better :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Seems that this Part “P” is causing some problems :LOL: , I was under the impression that qualified electricians could still carry out works as long as they could issue some kind of report (ie, minor works / completion, non NICEIC type) if not, then a registered body/company (ie, NICEIC) would issue a Periodic to cover the works installed… IMHO unqualified works will still happen as it does for gas, because people will always want a job done on the cheap, but a percentage will be willing to pay the extra for a certificate of some kind to meet a criteria (ie, buying or selling a property) as it always has been (kind of), but as and when part “P” is introduced this will be made mandatory….as other people have said, trying to prove that the works were done by a spark or a DIYer will be a problem (loss or should I say misplacement of certificate ;) )

Until its official, I wouldn’t worry about it……
:confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back