Sound to Light indicator for deaf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to buy or make something that will convert sound from a speaker to a light - can anyone help? I'm using a £10 simple CD player output to Altec Lansing gaming speakers (1 large and 2 small speakers). I imagined a microphone in front of, or vibration sensor on top of the large speaker could simply light up a light - sounds simple! but the products I'm seeing on-line for the deaf are for door bells, phones and smoke alarms. Any inventors our there?.... what parts can I buy and make something simple?

It's for a fitness class, the cue tape which activates every 30 seconds telling everyone to 'change' ideally should light up a light for my new deaf ladies.

Thanks,
Twiggy

Sponsored Links
Disco lights - the type a mobile DJ might use - have this feature.

Maplin Electronics probably has a kit so you can make your own version and attach it to whatever you need.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back