Soundproof/deaden noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I want to reduce the amount of noise from outside that is travelling through the glass its self and most likely the cracks around the window frame. I have a communal car park outside and some people like loud exhausts. It wakes me up and keeps me up. How can i deaden the sound?

Also, there is a train like behind my house. How can i make my front door and frame more secure to prevent so much noise?

Many thanks[/quote]

Sponsored Links
First question has got to be is it double glazed, if so additional internal secondary glazing might help some more.

Only other suggestion I have is external shutters to stop the sound waves hitting the glass in the first place, but may not be practical / acceptable to you.

Hi

It is double glazed however the property is rented so external shutters wont be an option (i have thought of this previously)

Shame, then heavy curtains with a liner may be the only thing you can do :cry:

Sponsored Links
The problem is i already have that.

Will those foam self adhesive draught excluders around the edge help?

Not unless the original seals are bad on the double glazing in which case the best thing to do is get them replaced.
What is your landlord like? Have you approached them to see if they can help, if my tenants had a similar problem I would certainly look at the condition of the window and seals, that's the way to keep a good tenant.

No point in searching for a tenant if each time they keep leaving because of the noise ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back