Source of 18mm beech effect boarding?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have moved a tumble dryer and washing machine out of the kitchen and want to fill the gaps with sliding wicker basket jobbies.

I would like to attempt to build my own carcasses on which to mount the sliding baskets because:

a) the gaps left aren't exactly 600mm and that means I can fill them exactly

b) the carcasses I have seen have a series of pre-drilled holes which would be on view and unsightly

and

c) I would quite like the challenge :)

To match the existing units I am trying to source some 18mm thick beech effect chipboard panelling. The nearest I have seen is the 15mm furniture panelling in Wickes but I really need 18mm.

Does anyone know a source please? I am in Exeter, Devon.

Cheers

Brian

Sponsored Links
Sorted!

Nearest supplier was New World Timber but they don't deliver single sheets and don't cut. The 2,800mm x 2070mm x 18mm sheets won't fit in the Bongo!

So, a builder mate tracked down a sheet at Jewsons and they are delivering to my door Monday afternoon - all for less than £50 :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back