space blanket loft insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi please help as I'm getting conflicting information. I bought some knauf 200mm space blanket insulation, silver on one side orange on the other. There are no instructions with it. I'm going to be laying this over my existing insulation.

I've asked friends and family and some say silver up and some say silver side facing down. Please help as I just want to get it laid before it gets too cold.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Which ever way you unroll it from opening the pack will give you your answer. If you get my gist?

Normally you would have the foil for an insulation board on the warm side but I think this stuff, once you unroll it from the pack onto the floor (ceiling) it ends up with the foil side up. At the end of the day it won't make any difference.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply and the link, my kindle didn't support the player for the video but I'll have a look later on the laptop. You say it doesn't matter really which way up sorry to be a pain but could you explain why ?

Because its an itsybitsy layer of foil, it has no insulation values, its there to look nice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back