Space restricted shower room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to create a compact shower room to include shower wash hand basin and toilet. The main problem I have is that the width is resticted to a maximum of 1.4m. This is the space behind the door of the room. It can be upto 1.8m in length, bit the more compact the better.
I wanted to put a 800 quadrant in the corner with a 500 whb next to it but the width of 1400mm isn't enough. This is where the problem is.
So was wondering if there was a 700x 800 shower tray or what is the standard/ acceptable area around basins / toilets.

Sponsored Links
That sounds about the same size as my bathroom - mine is 1.4m x 2.1m. I've just had mine done. The shower enclosure is behind the door - only place for it and the door doesn't open fully - I could put a bi-fold door in but I can live with the door only opening three quarters. I got a 1000 x 800 Kudos shower enclosure. On my "short" wall, I've got a 600 built-in WC and 600 washbasin and a 160 cupboard. My furniture is slimline - only 200 deep and I got a really dinky little washbasin from ECO - http://www.eco-bathrooms.com/pageviewer.htm ( you need to turn two pages to see it) - which doesn't protrude into the space that's left.

Hi
Thanks for the reply. Did you put the shower along the 1.4m side?? I imagine you had the basin opposite the door with the toilet to the left. I am assuming the door is in the center of bathroom ???
I am not particularly fond of internal bi folding doors, and there is no chance of a fully opening door into the room so I resigned to the door opening outwards. That or if possible a sliding door, but more than likely a door opening outwards.

I tried to find the original plan for the bathroom but can't, so I've sort of drawn it out to let you see the layout of ours.

View media item 18280
It's not to an exact scale but I guess you can see what ours is like and how it was done. We had a helluva job trying to make the best of a small space.

Sponsored Links
Hello i used this brillant toilet, only one supplier in belfast, so mite be hard to find but it saved alot more space.http://www.caroma.com.au/product-ranges/toilet-suites/profile/profile-5-toilet-suite-with-integrated-hand-basin

I tried to find the original plan for the bathroom but can't, so I've sort of drawn it out to let you see the layout of ours.

View media item 18280
It's not to an exact scale but I guess you can see what ours is like and how it was done. We had a helluva job trying to make the best of a small space.
That wa vey similar to one of thelayouts i considered , but in in an opposit layout with the shower on the left and whb and toilet on the right handside, basically a mirroe effect of you layour.I am thinking of using a corner toilet to reduce the spacein another layoutI have in mind.
If the room was woider by another 20cm I don't think it would be such a problem as the basin could go beside the shower. so it looks like any widthe of around 1.4-1.5m is difficult .
BTW what program did you use for the plan in your previous post??

I was struggling because where our shower is is actually the only place it could go cos the window takes up almost the entire opposite short wall, so the toilet and sink had to go there. It was the best of a bad deal. I didn't fancy a bifold door either - had tried one before but found we got an awful draught under it because of the clearance we had to leave for the runners. I did contemplate a sliding door as well as having the door opening outwards but that would have been awkward because theres a door in the hallway that the bathroom door would have opened straight onto so I decided to make do with the door not opening fully. It's not a huge problem because of the way you walk into the bathroom and the shower enclosure door is opposite the washbasin.

I just used one of these free online planners then jiggled it a bit in Paint (did a print screen and pasted it into paint cos I couldn't actually save it to file)

http://www.bathroom-guides-planner.com/planner/planner.htm

Corner toilets and washbasins are really handy but I wanted storage as well so went with the layout I have cos I got a cupboard under the sink, a tiny one at the side and two small wall units either side of the window.

Must try and take pictures of it but there's not a lot of room in there to stand back and get decent photos!! :LOL:

Thanks for the replies. I think I am getting there. will post pics If and when its done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back