Space saving stairs

This is just my iPad model so it doesn't show the winder but if it gives you more insight

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 288
Sponsored Links
If the winders are at the top, then a narrower (600) winder staircase might not be considered safe.

Yes that's my feeling ..... I want it to be practical too. It's going to be a double bedroom up there so furniture won't be small.

If the winders are at the top, then a narrower (600) winder staircase might not be considered safe.

Why's that then?

Frankly this threads a bit ass about face, as your designer doesn't seem to have a clue how do we even know that's the best position for the stair anyway?

Sponsored Links

Why's that then?

Because if the stair was 600 wide, the centre going of 4 winders might be down to about 150, which is a bit small, particularly near the top.

Frankly this threads a bit ass about face, as your designer doesn't seem to have a clue how do we even know that's the best position for the stair anyway?

Agree about that as we can't see the whole picture.

With the greatest respect I've spent 6 months assessing the best position for the stairs .... this is the logical position for them to maximise usable space and compliment the character of the building.

Also this where I want them .... As I said before there's no need to be cranky, I'm just looking for another opinion outside of what appears to be limited creativity.

Plus I thought it might be quite normal for project managers ( me ) to guide designers ( him ) ??? ... Maybe it's me that's the weak link but thanks for your help

Nobody's being cranky!
But if we saw a scaled plan of each floor + vertical section, it would be easier to come up with suggestions.

With the greatest of respect many of us regulars who post in the Building Regs section are professionals and do this for a living. And if this is where you've arrived at after 6 months it might be time to change designers.

With the greatest of respect many of us regulars who post in the Building Regs section are professionals and do this for a living. And if this is where you've arrived at after 6 months it might be time to change designers.

Just picked up on some negative vibes / comments really, I'm humble and respect your opinions as professionals but I need to know what you need to see / know to best advise.

I've done the bulk of thinking and surveying on it and this guy is drawing up from my ideas, he's been on board about four weeks but as we draw closer to the final detail I keep finding errors, not having done this scale of project before I don't know if that's normal or not ... It seems to be above par

Like I said I do appreciated the numpty factor, I also encounter it on a daily basis but I'm here for advice and guidance from those who appear to be educated.

He's has had some good ideas and done too much to warrant pulling him off, and he was a lot cheaper than the other quotes I had ( yes I know ).

It's hand holding time to get it sorted and get the project moving.

I Only have my iPad scale plan ...

It's was just a model for me to play with really.....

Nobody's being cranky!
But if we saw a scaled plan of each floor + vertical section, it would be easier to come up with suggestions.

It wasn't aimed at you Tony, it was the comments from Freddie that made me feel a little on edge

Thing is, we're an inquisitive bunch and if someone presents us with a query we like (need) to know all the relevant info before we can really answer, there are some on here who will just pop their little comments in here or there and we can answer what we can with the info presented thus far but not can't really offer anything really meaningful so to do your query justice some more info is forthcoming as mentioned already like a layout of both floors and a floor to floor height and maybe a better photo of the chimney etc. I'm not necessarily suggesting anyone is going to come up with some lightening solution that you've not already considered but hey you never know, this is a free survey and at least we can understand and appreciate the issues more.

BTW I can be grouchy with anyone, don't think I've made a special exception just for you! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back