Spanner? - An easy one

"there are plenty of holes in those pictures"

Aye leaked like a sieve then.

:mrgreen:

So where does the flow originate from that supplies the mixing station?
You expect people to have x ray vision?

If you can't work it out from the photo, then there is no hope for you. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Sorry Dan, with the best will in the world, its the flask on the tool box. WHY is it so small?? :rolleyes: I wont be subbing to you unless you've a kettle. :D.

That's for sure.

Now where did my Bacco abumers go, Argyll :?: :unsure: :unsure:

"there are plenty of holes in those pictures"

Aye leaked like a sieve then.

:mrgreen:

So where does the flow originate from that supplies the mixing station?
You expect people to have x ray vision?

If you can't work it out from the photo, then there is no hope for you. :rolleyes:

I can work it out.
You've supplied it from the manifold header through an unnecessary dab circulator.
Bit silly dom.
You won't wiggle out of this one. It's a bit foolish to try and pretend the expansion vessel is hiding something.

Spares, the customer was awesome..... The 2500 square foot basement under there was home to a huge table that she furnished with huge bags of crisps, bread, bacon, toasties the workd.

The early arrivees for the day we're treated to egg and/or bacon sarnies.

Friday's saw a box of Peroni in the fridge.

Nobby, you simplying must try harder. ;)

Sponsored Links
I think you've got carried away with Siegenthaler hydronics and forgot to omit the dab. :LOL:

Oi!! I thought it was a thread about spanners, now it's turned into The Dan & Knobby the Farm Hand Show!!

20131030_150038_zpsfe99fc1c.jpg~320x480

I'm going to go with the vessel shelf bracket clashing with the door when it's refitted.

Plus circulator top-right not horizontal and filling loop left connected near plaster bags.

Your looking at the apparture and not the frame, the door will be fine.

Less wear on the pump in that plane than fully horizontal.

Might not have finished commissioning ? Z( filling loop)

Very observant though :p

Think I might have still been filling the bugger at the time ;).

Door opens the other way IIRC

Expansion vessel was originally down by the filling loop.

That UFH stuff was added along with another manifold 6 months after initial commissioning. That floor (just under 2000 square feet) was all rads originally then the developer sold to the new owner who decided to spend another 150 grand changing things.

The hinge positions indicate it opens into the plant room, according to where the stops are. If not the top of the bracket then at least the strut angles have good chance of clouting the door. Perhaps a stop screwed to the floor?

I thought pumps were designed to have limited thrust bearing and therefore horizontal is preferred? After all that's how they're all installed if swung the other way.

If you look up the fitting instructions for a pump, it will tell you to install either absolute horizontal or facing slightly up, as long as it's not dipping down as this causes premature wear.

Slightly in the upward plane prefered

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back