Spare a thought....

B

Big_Spark

As we all prepare to celebrate Christmas, in whatever way we are doing so, with all the excess food, alcohol and Jolity...spare a thought for those people still trying to recover from the natural events that devastated so many lives in the last 12 months.

The Muslim populations of Pakistan may not be celebrating Christmas, but their plight is not less severe as a result, several hundred thousand still living in tents in freezing conditions, and then there are those who suffered massively in the Boxing Day Tsunami last year..several Million are still directly affected by this enormous event...

I hope you all have a great Christmas and safe and wonderful 2006..but it costs us nothing to spare a thought for those who are in dire straits through no fault of their own...

Sponsored Links
Mmmmm..........but thoughts are cheap, and don't do much in themselves.

oilman said:
Mmmmm..........but thoughts are cheap, and don't do much in themselves.

I think you know what I mean though Oilman.

I'm doing something positive..for every pint I buy from Monday last until January 2nd, I also put £1 in a tin in my kitchen..then I will donate thi to the Tsunami and Earthquake appeals equally...but not the silly Charities, it will go to Medecine San Frontiers who operate purely as Volunteers and all the money goes to those who need it in the form of medicine and other medical necessities.

So far I have £16..as I include the beers that I buy others or are bought for me..

I am sponsering this lil boy an girl in a Iriosh orhanage set up in Romania, next year ,
its £5 per pupil , a month for health care ...

Sister Mary Lyons, [Romanian Fund]
St. Paul's Convent,
94 Selly Park Road,
Selly Park,
Birmingham,
B29 7LL
England, UK.

Sponsored Links
Good for you Moz..a very worthy cause indeed..Now if some of our Euro donations went toward helping these poor kids then I would be a little happier..Christ knows they need help to protect them from the sordid and corrupt world they live in at present..

Big_Spark

I was a bit skeptical at 1st ..is it a con ,

you send money ,an some admins are rich an the kiddies are still poor ..,

til I got 2 handwritten letters to my home address , from these 2 kids ,I asked an spoke of certain things an they mentioned them , I get a letter once a week off them an they call me "Uncle Moz " ,
they are SO HAPPY .....
Im welling up now ..

what upset me a lot this week was that case where that white couple ,had left their 5 kids too squalor/torment/starvastion (sp?) an got just 7 yrs nick...that SCUM should hopefully WILL BE BEASTED In JAIL all 7yrs of it ......

ban-all-sheds said:
Just as long as they stay in Romania, eh? ;)

They are childrn BAS...if we have no compassion for them, then we are as good as dead already..

I know they're children, and that they live in deprived conditions, and that of course we should have compassion, and that it is absolutely right to help them.

But what will you say to them in 10 years time when they are no longer children and, having learned English to be able to write to their benefactors, they want to come and live here in order to make a better life for themselves?

Then BAS, we've again done things wrong. In 10 years time, with all the help these kids get now, they should be able to be of much greater value (and respected for that) to their own country than here.
That's 9 out of 10 times the purpose of helping these kids.
(Not sure if I'm explaining myself correctly, hope I do)

Moz said:
I am sponsering this lil boy an girl in a Iriosh orhanage set up in Romania, next year ,
its £5 per pupil , a month for health care ...

Sister Mary Lyons, [Romanian Fund]
St. Paul's Convent,
94 Selly Park Road,
Selly Park,
Birmingham,
B29 7LL
England, UK.

Good for you Moz, I bet the Nun will make sure they turn out god fearing Catholics.

Sponsored Links
Back