Special hole for hanging woodwork :?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have no idea what to google on this & would really appreciate help.

I've seen picture frames designed to take a screw protruding from the wall. They effecitvely come with a large hole followed by a narrower slot coming out of the large hole and pointing towards the top of the frame.

The larger hole takes a screw head and the smaller slot allows the body of the screw to slide up once it's inserted into the frame so the picture is fixed. This requires a large hole the size of the screw and for that hole to continue behind the narrower slot.

Can I buy a drill bit I create this??? :oops:

I know I could do this with two bits of wood but no idea how to do it with a single piece of wood that I want to attach to the wall...

Sponsored Links
i just drill a 8mm hole up at 45% about 12-15mm deep then cut a small "/\" for the shank
providing you have no kids it should hold a picture

Sponsored Links
At school I recall using a suitably sized screw with opposite sides ground off the head to create a kind of router bit you would then stick in a drill. Worked OK at school and for a one off and a lot cheaper than the real deal! :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back