Speedfit Layflat pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to connect to radiators across a room, by a circuitous route that involves several turns. Straight lengths would involve elbows that would become inaccessible, and I'm not sure there's space in every case to use rest bends - and fighting with pipe from a roll is a nightmare. I've done a lot of plumbing but never used Speedfit Layflat - are there any drawbacks to using this (15mm) instead of the standard pipe? Is it known to be as strong and durable, and are the connections as strong?

Cheers
Richard

Sponsored Links
Speedfit "layflat" pipe is made from Polybutylene as is Hep2o and is much easier to work with than PEX

'Hilarious' video.

I remember when this video first came out, a lot of people thought is was joke and questioned if it was a genuine Speedfit video.

Not because of the performance claims of their "layflat" pipe, as those that use plastic will already know that Hep2o pipe is also made from Polybutylene and has "straight coil technology" and has been around for many years and is much easier to work with than PEX pipe.

Speedfit have only ever produced PEX pipe up until the launch of "layflat" yet in the video they make PEX (which they have built their reputation on) look like the worst product ever, which they are still more than happy to sell you.
Strange marketing, knock the product that you have built your business on and are still selling, inferring that anyone is using it must be mad.

Sponsored Links
Having watched that video for the first time, I feel the need to commit an act of violence.

Then expunge my van or any speed fit fittings.

But that there aren't many as I've always disliked their products.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back