Speedfit - Removing From Copper Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to remove a Speedfit connector from a copper pipe so that I can a) fit a washing machine tap and b) run the pipe properly around a bend (it currently cuts across the corner).

Question is how do I remove the Speedfit as cutting the copper pipe is not possible due to the location?

Ta

Sponsored Links
Push thering which is on the END of the fitting, back into the fitting, while pushing the fitting ONTO the pipe. Then still holding that collar in, pull the fitting off the pipe. SOmetimes they stick a bit.

You can get U shaped plastic bits which go into the slot between the collar and the fitting to PREVENT the collar being pushed in. If there's one of them in there you push it out with a screwdriver or similar.

It depends if its a new style speedfit or old style. If it's the old style then do what ChrisR says above. If however it's a new one it will have a screwed tight collar also to prevent it coming undone as well as maybe a retaining clip. If it's new remove the clip and then holding the body of the speedfit joint unscrew the collar. Then proceed as above in ChrisR's post. Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back