Speedifit connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone any experience with the Speedifit connectors as sold in Wickes. Are they reliable ? Any problems with their use.
Im proposing to put one one the hot water tap connection for a replacement kitchen sink. Space is a bit tight for soldering and I'm not totally confident of my soldering skills.

Thanks
Ian :)

Sponsored Links
Well I quite liked the idea of a push fit connection - no spanners etc
But yes, a compression joint is the next easiest option. Feels more secure to me which was why I asked if others had experience of these quick connections.

The time saved in not doing up nuts will be nothing compared to the total time of the job, but when you have to disconnect it will be much easier.

Sponsored Links
So what's wrong with Speedfit??
Especially under a sink (where you can see it), there should be no problem....

Never had a problem with them yet (touch wood) make sure you use the inserts if using speedfit pipe.

I have asked a few plummers about this and it really is a 50/50 split.

I have used nothing but for the last couple of years and so far so good, admitted it is only on kitchen plumbing but the advantages outweigh the disavantages, if any.

the only problem I've ever had with them is sometimes if you're not going into the fitting straight the pipe can push the o ring out of its seating, that plus of course the extra expense of the fittings and the earth clamps.

ipsteedman said:
Has anyone any experience with the Speedifit connectors as sold in Wickes. :)

Yes they're too expensive. Try your local merchant or bes.ltd.uk.

Generally no practical problems except earth bonding - has to go to the tap etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back