speeding ticket.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, ive just recieved a -nip- , £60 and 3 points/ my number plate was clocked by a gatso doing 51mph in 40mph zone. [ not me driving ] other party will pay anyway.
point is the place name on paperwork is spelt wrong, would i be clutching at straws thinking this would make it void ?. regards. r.r.

Sponsored Links
If it wasnt you driving, and the other "party" will pay, why are you even bothered?

the driver was family, but if there was a loophole and it saved someone £60 why not check it out and see if it was a valid point. regards. r.r.

Sponsored Links
So if you can get away without paying the fine, its ok to break the speed limit then?

Who's going to pay for the hike in insurance premiums?

Don't do it again.

I believe there is a thing in the smallprint about things like spellings of names places dont have to be 100% correct...

Another thing to say is that the "right to silence" thing for speeding cases (ie refusing to say who was driving) has recently been tested in the European courts and the defendant lost the case. You have to say who was driving so there is no way out unless you can afford an expensive fancy lawyer!

thanks hitachimad thats all i wanted to know. thanks for everyone elses replies aswell.

Road Traffic Act was amended in the past 2 years to make it illegal to have an incorrectly registered vehicle. So if the address is incorrect on the log book then keep quiet and get it changed before they hit you for a bigger penalty and confiscation of the vehicle.

If the address is wrong on their system then by all means point it out to them, cc the data protection registrar as they have an obligation to maintain correct data. They will have to chase this right back to its source, which will cost them slightly more than £60 (so all of our speeding fines go up :) )

cheers r. gamma. got that, no i think hitachimad knows what i mean.
the actual location place name where car was gatso,d is not spelt as it is on any map ive looked at/ .. ie. the place name on nip is spelt wrong, so how could car be in a place that dont exist ?.. regards. r.r.

paperwork says- a38 rykneld st, nr lichfield.
its on map as ryknild st. ...only 1 letter, but if it was on a bank statement etc/ :) regards. r.r.

If you google it there are both street names in Lichfield, both at different post codes, maybe the speed camera was correct :eek:

:) yep your right nstreet, never thought of going that way about it/ i since narowed it down to a place named ....streethay.which is on the a38 , so i guess its all correct .
maybe he will take more notice of speed limit in future, his £60 and points anyway. [ my son ] :) sorry about late relpy/ .regards. r.r. :)

Sponsored Links
Back